May 31, 2017
BC Hockey is accepting applications to host two Hockey Canada Summer Skills Camps for the summer of 2017.
Minor Hockey Associations (MHAs) can apply to host the camps, which will feature community coaches working alongside Branch personnel to deliver a fun and exciting skills development program for Novice, Atom, and Pee Wee players.
The deadline to apply is June 23, 2017.
The five day skills camps are targeted towards boys and girls playing at the recreational level. Ice sessions are designed to ensure maximum levels of activity and enjoyment through skill teaching, drills, and fun games.
Throughout the week, players will:
- Develop/enhance the fundamental skills of skating, passing, stickhandling, and shooting
- Meet other players and develop friendships
- Enjoy the “fun” of hockey through skill development
- Learn the concepts of fair play, fitness, safety, respect, teamwork, and the importance of a positive attitude
In order to host a Summer Skills Camp, the host MHA must:
- Secure the required ice time and off-ice facilities
- Provide local volunteer coaches to assist with the on and off-ice program delivery
- Commit to a minimum of 40 players
BC Hockey will cover all costs associated with the camp (including on and off-ice facility fees, coach honorariums, jerseys, and gifting) and be responsible for administrative support and player registration.
Host MHAs will receive 50 percent of any excess revenue over expenses that result from the camp.