December 5, 2018
BWC’s Bantam Varsity just finished up a dominant weekend, going 3-0 and outscoring their opponents 25-5 in the process.
They started with a 9-1 win over Pursuit (3-15-1) on Friday.
Eight different players registered a goal, with David Adaszynski scoring twice. Tyler Chan led the team with four points (1G-3A), and goalie Charlie Tritt made 14 saves for the win.
BWC followed that up with a 9-3 win against Edge (3-12-1).
Luca Primerano (1G-2A) and Andrew Casellato (2G-1A) each had three points, but Chan led the team again with a whopping six point game! He had two goals and four assists.
Benjamin van der Tas got the win in goal for BWC, improving his record to 7-1-0 this season.
Sunday’s game was against IHA (3-17-0) and BWC capped off the weekend with a 7-1 win in that one.
Six different players had multi-point games, including two more from Chan (1G-1A) and three assists from Ryden Evers. Tritt got the win in goal, his eighth of the season.
BWC has kept up with West Van (17-0-0), who also went 3-0 last weekend. They sit four points behind, and with two games between the two teams coming up soon, they’ll have a chance to close that gap.
BWC vs West Van coming up
The two leading teams will face each other twice in December in what could be games to decide first overall at the turn.
The first game goes at 9:30 Sunday morning, December 9 at BWC, with the rematch the following Saturday night, December 15, 8:45 PM at Hollyburn.
Bantam Varsity standings:
BWC Leading Scorers:
- Chan has taken a bigger lead on the Bantam Varsity scoring race with 12 points (4G-8A) in those three games. He has 6 GWG’s, twice as many as anyone else in the division.
- Primerano (3G-6A) also had a big week with nine points. That brings him up to 2nd in team scoring and 7th in the division.
- Jagjeevan Phangura (#8) also cracks the top-10 scorers, while Andrew Casellato (#17), Dylan Emerson (#19), Ryden Evers (T-20), and Jordan Luk (T-20) all crack the top-20.
- Both BWC have quite similar stat lines, with only one loss each and identical GAA’s.
- Benjamin van der Tas ranks 4th in division save percentage (.910), Tritt is 6th (.904).
|70||Benjamin van der Tas||05||9||7||1||0||2||463||15||1.94||4.44||166||151||0.910|
Looking ahead – big games vs West Van
BWC faces some tough competition to close out the 2018 portion of the schedule.
On Saturday they’ll take on Yale (13-4-0), who BWC is 1-1 with in their two meetings this season.
On Sunday it’s the highly-anticipated game vs West Van, who are still undefeated. The two teams have yet to play this season.
The two powerhouses will then rematch the following Saturday in the final game of 2018 for BWC.
That final game will be played at Burnaby Winter Club at 8:45 pm.
|Sat, Dec. 8||5:30P PT||Yale||Burnaby||Summit Centre|
|Sun, Dec. 9||9:30A PT||West Van||Burnaby||Summit Centre|
|Sat, Dec. 15||8:45P PT||Burnaby||West Van||BWC|