December 4, 2018
CSSHL Midget Prep Update – 9 game winning streak for BWC
Burnaby Winter Club won both of their games over the weekend in the Midget Prep Division of the Canadian Sports School Hockey League, bringing their current win streak to nine in a row.
BWC took down Okanagan Red (6-11-3) on Saturday by a 4-3 score, despite outshooting them 63-28!
The game was tied at a couple points, with Brett Pfoh getting the game winner with a shorthanded goal midway through the third. Red goalie Kaleb McEachern kept it close with 59 saves.
BWC then won 5-2 against Okanagan White (3-17-1) on Sunday. Brendan Wang had a monster game with two goals and two assists.
The 2-0 weekend brings the team’s record to 16-3-2 this season. They haven’t lost a game since a 6-5 OT loss against Rink (12-7-1) back on October 27th.
The top of the Midget Prep division remains extremely tight.
Shawnigan (20-1-1) won all of their three games on the weekend and continue to make it impossible for any team to gain on them. They’ve won 14 games in a row!
Edge (17-1-3) went 2-0-1 last weekend with the OT loss coming in a 5-4 loss to Shawnigan, and sit three points ahead of BWC with 37 points.
BWC currently sits tied with Northern Alberta (16-3-2) with 34 points, while OHA Edmonton (16-5-1) has one less point in one more game played.
CSSHL Midget Prep standings:
BWC Scoring Leaders:
- Caedan Bankier had three assists on the weekend. He continues to lead the team with 33 points in 21 games.
- Brendan Wang has moved up to 2nd in team scoring after a five point weekend. He leads all Midget Prep defensemen with 31 points.
- Finlay Williams added an assist, becoming the 19th player in the division to hit 30 points (third on BWC).
- Thomas Milic stopped 25 of 28 shots (.893 SV%) in Saturday’s win against Red.
- Koen MacInnes saved 20 of 22 shots (.909 SV%) in Sunday’s win over White. He’s tied for third among Midget Prep goalies with nine wins.
Looking ahead – three games in Delta
BWC plays three games at Planet Ice Delta this weekend (Dec 7-9).
They’ll take on Pursuit (5-10-2) on Friday, then a rematch with both Okanagan teams on Saturday and Sunday.
The following weekend (Dec 15-16) will see BWC hosting the top team, Shawnigan, in a pair of games at Burnaby Winter Club, which promise to be a couple of thrillers!
|Fri, Dec. 7||1:45P PT||Pursuit||Burnaby||Planet Ice Delta|
|Sat, Dec. 8||9:30A PT||Okanagan Red||Burnaby||Planet Ice Delta|
|Sun, Dec. 9||11:50A PT||Okanagan White||Burnaby||Planet Ice Delta|
|Sat, Dec. 15||5:30P PT||Shawnigan||Burnaby||BWC|
|Sun, Dec. 16||9:30A PT||Shawnigan||Burnaby||BWC|
|Fri, Dec. 21||7:45P PT||West Van||Burnaby||BWC|