January 13, 2020
RE/MAX of Western Canada and the Western Hockey League, are introducing a new program in support of the Kidney Foundation. The program – RE/MAX Presents: WHL Suits Up to Promote Organ Donation – will celebrate the history of Hockey Night in Canada and also highlight the remarkable Logan Boulet Effect.
Beginning Friday, January 17 to March 15, 2020, WHL member Clubs in 17 Canadian markets will host a theme game complete with special-edition Hockey Night in Canada-inspired sweaters.
On the ice, teams will honour the Canadian television tradition with specialty jerseys featuring the iconic Hockey Night in Canada vintage logo.
Through the first two years of the event, more than $460,000 has been raised for the Kidney Foundation.
New this year, WHL Clubs will also pay tribute to the Logan Boulet Effect.
A member of the SJHL’s Humboldt Broncos, Boulet passed in the tragic bus crash that claimed the lives of 16 people on April 6, 2018. Boulet – who was only 21 years old at the time – earned widespread, posthumous commendation for his decision to have previously signed his organ donation card, ensuring a selfless act that provided the gift of life to others and sparked a national movement for organ donation registration at the same time.
WHL Suits Up to Promote Organ Donation Presented by RE/MAX schedule:
- Friday, January 17 – Edmonton Oil Kings
- Friday, January 24 – Regina Pats
- Saturday, January 25 – Prince Albert Raiders
- Friday, January 31 – Moose Jaw Warriors, Prince George Cougars, Red Deer Rebels
- Friday, February 7 – Brandon Wheat Kings
- Saturday, February 8 – Vancouver Giants
- Friday, February 21 – Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Saturday, February 29 – Swift Current Broncos
- Friday, March 6 – Kamloops Blazers, Saskatoon Blades
- Saturday, March 7 – Medicine Hat Tigers, Winnipeg ICE
- Friday, March 13 – Victoria Royals
- Saturday, March 14 – Kelowna Rockets
- Sunday, March 15 – Calgary Hitmen
To receive more information on this promotion or to sign up to be a donor visit CanadaDonates.ca for more details.