February 7, 2018
Ridge Meadows Minor Hockey Association (RMMHA) is searching for an Executive Director to oversee the operations, administration, staffing and strategic direction of the association. The Executive Director will represent Ridge Meadows Hockey in the community and is the key liaison between the members, the Association, and the Board of Directors.
Executive Director duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ridge Meadows Minor Hockey Association(RMMHA) is searching for an Executive Director to oversee the operations, administration, staffing and strategic direction of the association. The Executive Director will represent Ridge Meadows Hockey in the community and is the key liaison between the members, the Association, and the Board of Directors.
This is a full-time position with fluctuating and demanding work load that reflects the hockey season and requires flexibility in work hours.
- Provide leadership in all matters related to RMMHA, while being responsible for the supervision and general conduct of all levels of hockey in the association
- Collaborate with Board Members on the strategic vision of RMMHA
- Manage the financial obligations of RMMHA, including monthly and annual budget updates to the Board
- Review Accounts Payable and Receivable details regularly and be able to include financial data
- Develop RMMHA annual operational budget with the assistance of the Treasurer and President, for presentation and approval at the Board Level.
- Ensure all employees are qualified and trained for their specific roles
- Provide feedback on staff performance and conduct regular performance reviews, as well as establish performance objectives
- Attend various association meetings and provide information as required
- Work with Ice Coordinator to schedule hockey games, practices on a long-term basis (regular season) and short-term basis (play-offs)
- Ensure volunteers are assigned as needed, supported, trained and recognized for their contributions
- Develop and implement volunteer retention strategy and ongoing volunteer succession plan
- Collaborate with the Director of Hockey Development on the Hockey Development Plan for Members
- Conduct investigations as requested by the President and or board members
- Support coordination and management of local hockey tournaments for RMMHA teams and in some cases provincial or national championships
- Correspond professionally with players, parents, coaches and other volunteers to address and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ensure sufficient staffing and clear administrative processes are in place to manage peak activity during the season
- Organize the AGM for RMMHA including presenting a written report of annual activities throughout the association, communication with the membership and preparation of documentation and any presentations on behalf of the Board
- Act as media spokesperson on day to day operational matters and be present for major functions and special events on behalf of RMMHA
- Continue to build on existing goodwill of the Association in the Community and Region
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in a formal leadership role in a sports environment preferably a minor hockey league role
- Post-secondary education in business administration, sports management is an asset
- Must have basic accounting skills to accurately manage a business with an annual cash flow in excess of 1 million dollars
- Must have competency with use of basic productivity tools such as QuickBooks, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with a Board of Directors.
- The position requires strong relationship building, communication and dispute resolution skills as well as experience managing a significant operational budget
- Strategic planning and governance background are also assets.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for the continued development in the game of Minor hockey, with a goal to continually increase player skill and dedication to the game.
RMMHA is seeking an individual who is willing to commit to work flexible hours and is able to travel within BC. This position requires a significant amount of weekend and after hours work, as well as attendance at out of town conferences generally held on weekends.
Application Deadline: March 7, 2018
Please apply by email to: [email protected]
Please indicate expected salary when applying.