If you’ve been wondering how PCAHA determines final standings in case of a tie, here’s the Full Monty.
PCAHA RULES & REGULATIONS – SECTION M(2) PCAHA TIEBREAKER RULE
2. Standings will be determined as follows:
- (a) Most points obtained.
- (b) If two or more teams are tied for any position, standings will be determined by ranking the teams on the basis of most wins.
- (c) If two or more teams are still tied after (b), standings will be determined by ranking the remaining teams on the basis of least losses.
- (d) If two or more teams are still tied after (c), standings shall be determined by considering only those game(s) played by the tied teams against each other (head-to-head game(s)):
- (i) team with best winning percentage in these game(s)
- (ii) team with most goals for in these game(s)
- (iii) team with least goals against in these game(s)If after either step (d)(i) or step (d)(ii) a team’s ranking can be determined, that team shall not be considered further in the subsequent step(s). However, the goals for and goals against used to evaluate steps (d)(ii) and (d)(iii) shall still include the head-to-head game(s) involving the team(s) whose ranking was determined after steps (d)(i) and/or (d)(ii).
(e) If still tied after (d), a Tiebreaker Game shall be played according to Section N(13) at the home of the team winning a coin toss.